We’re looking for a chef who can develop new dishes that excite people + maintain the quality of our existing offerings.
- Develop and execute new dishes.
- Train store staff on new dishes.
- Manage food cost.
- Find new suppliers as needed.
- Maintain food quality together with our restaurant managers.
- Cooking experience in any upscale restaurant anywhere in the world
- Versatility in cuisines and genres
- An interest in elevating casual food (not fine dining)
- A competitive urge to make better food than others
- A burning desire to excite people with food
- Understands when to get creative and when to lean familiar
- Organized with spreadsheets
- Reasonable with cost
- Communicates clearly with others
- You can develop food at home or in the stores during offpeak hours
- SSS and Philhealth
- Salary range: P18,000–30,000 net depending on your skills
- Definitely better than any 99% of restaurant jobs
- A positive and reassuring culture without toxic assholes
Not to scare you, but make sure...
- You like challenges.
- Without bragging, you think you can do better than most.
- You can take hard feedback.
- You can figure things out without much help.
- You can handle high freedom and high expectations.
How to apply
- In a PDF, send at least 3 dishes you’ve made that you’re proud of and explain why. We prefer casual food, not tasting-menu style food.
- In the same PDF, write an “About me” in less than 500 characters.
- Attach your CV, mention any past awards or notable achievements if any.
- Send them to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: “R&D Chef / Your name”